Monday, April 22, 2013

Social Media

I woke up this morning with the inexplicable desire to know what you had for breakfast, and of course the need to decipher what your cryptic message could possibly mean, and how could I resist that relatively cute picture of your kids, no, no, no, I can't. I need to know every little single detail of your interesting life, and if you can add to all that, those beautiful single line expensive pieces of wisdom you acquired either from another post somewhere within your massive list of friends or read in the back of the bus... please share it all!

I was just thinking that I could possibly write a whole inspirational book if I were to append all those little notes we are writing on each other's walls and circles and probably make me a million or so. 

I sat on my judgmental chair last night and while bored with my own life I turned to my trusted FB and G+ to fill in the gap. Low and behold, I didn't run short on inspirational quotes from all my happy well adapted "friends" who spend countless hours sitting on their ass looking for something interesting to put, and oh my God have they failed, day in and day out they have failed in providing me with the entertainment and depth I so desperately need.  

I wish I could trade likes, and be part of the club, and I am so jaded now that even when someone manages to put up something interesting I somehow dismiss it as stupid or useless, but we have become such a lazy bunch that blogs and full length articles have become thing of the past and replaced by tweets because guess what??? they HAVE to be short! 

Which brings me to a realization that I better stop writing before I lose the one reader that might have come across this.

No comments: