Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Dream

Been so long in this dream, comfortably loosing myself in a sea of frivolous tasks and easy kills. Wake up, go to work, kiss her goodbye, kiss her hello and like a brainwashed prisoner I kept drinking the kool-aid of happy times seeing a stranger in the empty mirrors flying around my head.

The soundless music, the tasteless food and the colorless colors around my dream, the coldness of the human touch, and metal hearts pushing my thoughts down.

I'm peeking through, and I can sense a glimpse of a better life, and as a faint ray of light warms up my snake skin I can believe there is something else.

I want to break through, and rip through the fabric of my numbing reality, but I feel my mind giving in, my body aching, and my soul dripping down a rabid black hole devouring every last shred of strength.

I feel my tears turning to blood, and my blood turning to dirt as hell engulfs my feelings of forgiveness for me.

Yelling and screaming, grunting, pushing and shoving, running tirelessly, imploding and exploding at the same time. Craving, but giving up and the endless inner battle  goes on and on and on.

I want to face those demons I am so afraid of, or is it just me? has it always been only me on the other side of the mirror challenging me? am I my own demon holding the keys to the doors of pain and freedom?

Someone wake me up from this nightmare, someone save me from myself!

No comments: